Canada: Certified Inspector of Sediment and Erosion Control (CISEC) Full Exam (Level 3)
A Canadian Certified Inspector of Sediment and Erosion Control (CAN-CISEC), is an individual who has demonstrated his or her proficiency in observing, inspecting and reporting on the implementation of Sediment and Erosion Control (S&EC) Reports and Plans (e.g., ESC Report and Plans).
An applicant becoming a CAN-CISEC will have the following background:
- A comprehensive understanding about sediment and erosion processes and how the discharge of pollutants associated with construction activities may impact the environment.
- For the Canadian applicants, the ability to understand the Federal Legislation, including but not limited to the Fisheries Act, Canadian Environmental Protection Act, etc.
- Ability to read and understand construction site S&EC Reports and Plans. Prior environmental education and construction site field experience (e.g., inspections, Best Management Practices (BMPs) installation, etc.) involving S&EC and/or stormwater pollution prevention.
- The ability to communicate orally and to develop written documentation.
Applicant’s abilities, skills, experience and knowledge of S&EC and storm water pollution prevention will be assessed through testing as provided by the CAN-CISEC professional certification programs.
For those who do not have the minimum two (2) years of work experience, they are welcome to take the In-Training (IT), Level 1 examination to start the process of eventually becoming a full registrant. Please click here to be transferred to that web page.
Payment in Canadian Dollars
Cost of Exam: $250 CDN
To pay for CISEC Training or the Exam in Canadian Dollars, please contact Jack Cuneo - 303 468 2232 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a call. Calls for payment will be returned between 9AM and 3PM Mountain Time, Monday to Friday, except holidays. We can not accept payment information via email. You can pay online anytime and in US dollars for automatic registration.
Applicants must have the following qualifications to take the CAN-CISEC examination:
- Two or more years of sediment and erosion control construction and/or storm water pollution prevention field experience,
- Prior classes, training and/or other education in sediment and erosion control or environmental related topics and
- Three references attesting to qualifications and experience.
Upon registering for the examination, the applicant will have access to the application which will need to be filled out and submitted to obtain approval to take the certification examination. Within a maximum of 21 days after CISEC, Inc. receives a complete application submittal (including material from three references), applicants will be informed by e-mail of their eligibility to sit for the certification examination.
This certification examination is presented in two sections. In order to obtain the certification, you must pass each section with a score of 75% or greater. You will receive a score of Pass or Fail for Section 1 upon completion and submittal. However, Section 2 will be graded separately and your score of Pass or Fail will be sent to you at that time.
Should you fail either Section 1 or Section 2 or both, CISEC, Inc. will contact you with information on how to retake the Section(s) failed.
The next exam will be held on March 30, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. eastern.
Updates to how exams are proctored will be available March 1, 2021.
The examination will be a maximum of 3.5 hours in duration.
Should you not be able to make this time, please contact us at email@example.com or 720-235-2783 ext. 4.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|
Any questions, please contact us:
Toronto and Region Conservation Authority
101 Exchange Ave.
Vaughan, ON L4K 5R6
Phone: 416-661-6600, ext. 5293
P.O. Box 188
Parker, CO 80134
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com