Canada: Certified Inspector of Sediment and Erosion Control (CISEC) Full Exam (Level 3)
- Non member - $190
- Professional member - $190
- Professional Plus member - $190
- Professional Plus Org member - $190
- Student member - $190
- Young Professional member - $190
- Emeritus member - $190
- Discounted Professional member - $190
- Australasia Member - $190
A Canadian Certified Inspector of Sediment and Erosion Control (CAN-CISEC), is an individual who has demonstrated his or her proficiency in observing, inspecting and reporting on the implementation of Sediment and Erosion Control (S&EC) Reports and Plans (e.g., ESC Report and Plans).
An applicant becoming a CAN-CISEC will have the following background:
- A comprehensive understanding about sediment and erosion processes and how the discharge of pollutants associated with construction activities may impact the environment.
- For the Canadian applicants, the ability to understand the Federal Legislation, including but not limited to the Fisheries Act, Canadian Environmental Protection Act, etc.
- Ability to read and understand construction site S&EC Reports and Plans. Prior environmental education and construction site field experience (e.g., inspections, Best Management Practices (BMPs) installation, etc.) involving S&EC and/or stormwater pollution prevention.
- The ability to communicate orally and to develop written documentation.
Applicant’s abilities, skills, experience and knowledge of S&EC and storm water pollution prevention will be assessed through testing as provided by the CAN-CISEC professional certification programs.
For those who do not have the minimum two (2) years of work experience, they are welcome to take the In-Training (IT), Level 1 examination to start the process of eventually becoming a full registrant. Please click here to be transferred to that web page.
Payment in Canadian Dollars
Cost of Exam: $250 CDN
To pay for CISEC Training or the Exam in Canadian Dollars, please contact Jack Cuneo - 303 468 2232 or email at email@example.com to request a call. Calls for payment will be returned between 9AM and 3PM Mountain Time, Monday to Friday, except holidays. We can not accept payment information via email. You can pay online anytime and in US dollars for automatic registration.
Applicants must have the following qualifications to take the CAN-CISEC examination:
- Two or more years of sediment and erosion control construction and/or storm water pollution prevention field experience,
- Prior classes, training and/or other education in sediment and erosion control or environmental related topics and
- Three references attesting to qualifications and experience.
Upon registering for the examination, the applicant will have access to the application which will need to be filled out and submitted to obtain approval to take the certification examination. Within a maximum of 21 days after CISEC, Inc. receives a complete application submittal (including material from three references), applicants will be informed by e-mail of their eligibility to sit for the certification examination.
General Examination Information:
This certification examination is presented in two sections.
The examination will be a maximum of 4.0 hours in duration.
In order to obtain the certification, you must pass each section with a score of 75% or greater. You will receive a score of Pass or Fail for Section 1 upon completion and submittal. However, Section 2 will be graded separately and your score of Pass or Fail will be sent to you at that time.
Please allow for up to 30 days after submittal of the exam for a formal response from CISEC, Inc. regarding your examination results (both Sections).
Should you fail either Section 1 or Section 2 or both, CISEC, Inc. will contact you with information on how to retake the Section(s) failed.
As of March 1, 2021, proctoring of all examinations will occur through ProctorU. Scheduling for examinations are available 24/7 to fit your schedule.
ProctorU fee (paid directly to ProctorU at time of scheduling your examination): $42.00 USD
Additional information regarding how to sign up with ProctorU will be available after approval from CISEC, Inc. to take the examination.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|
Any questions, please contact us:
Toronto and Region Conservation Authority
101 Exchange Ave.
Vaughan, ON L4K 5R6
Phone: 416-661-6600, ext. 5293
P.O. Box 188
Parker, CO 80134
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com