United States: Certified Inspector of Sediment and Erosion Control (CISEC) Full Exam
A Certified Inspector of Sediment and Erosion Control (CISEC), is an individual who has demonstrated his or her proficiency in observing, inspecting and reporting on the implementation of Sediment and Erosion Control (S&EC) Reports and Plans (e.g., SWPPP or SWMP).
An applicant becoming a full CISEC will have the following background:
- A comprehensive understanding about sediment and erosion processes and how the discharge of pollutants associated with construction activities may impact the environment.
- For the US applicants, the ability to meet EPA’s requirements for a qualified inspector and an understanding of federal regulations associated with the NPDES discharge permit.
- Ability to read and understand construction site S&EC Reports and Plans. Prior environmental education and construction site field experience (e.g., inspections, Best Management Practices (BMPs) installation, etc.) involving S&EC and/or stormwater pollution prevention.
- The ability to communicate orally and to develop written documentation.
Applicant’s abilities, skills, experience and knowledge of S&EC and storm water pollution prevention will be assessed through testing as provided by the CISEC professional certification programs.
For those who do not have the minimum two (2) years of work experience. They are welcome to take the In-Training (IT), Part 1 examination to start the process of eventually becoming a full registrant. Please click here (Available Sept 3, 2020) to be transferred to that web page.
Applicants must have the following qualifications to take the CISEC full examination:
- Two or more years of sediment and erosion control construction and/or storm water pollution prevention field experience,
- Prior classes, training and/or other education in sediment and erosion control or environmental related topics and
- Three references attesting to qualifications and experience.
Upon registering for the examination, the applicant will have access to the application which will need to be filled out and submitted to obtain approval to take the certification examination. Within a maximum of 21 days after CISEC, Inc. receives a complete application submittal (including material from three references), applicants will be informed by e-mail of their eligibility to sit for the certification examination.
This certification examination is presented in two sections. In order to obtain the certification, you must pass each section with a score of 75% or greater. You will receive a score of Pass or Fail for Section 1 upon completion and submittal. However, Section 2 will be graded separately and your score of Pass or Fail will be sent to you at that time.
Should you fail either Section 1 or Section 2 or both, CISEC, Inc. will contact you with information on how to retake the Section(s) failed.
Please note, if you sign up for this examination, you are required take either the on-line recorded Training Modules or the Live Webinar Training Modules. If you do not wish to take any Training Modules, please contact us at email@example.com.
The next exam will be held on November 17, 2020 at 1:00 p.m. eastern.
Exams following the above will be (you will be able to choose your date in the Contents tab):
December 15, 2020 at 1:00 p.m. eastern
January 26, 2021 at at 1:00 p.m. eastern
February 19, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. eastern
The examination will be a maximum of 3.5 hours in duration.
Should you not be able to make this time, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-235-2783 ext. 4.
Any questions, please contact us:
P.O. Box 188
Parker, CO 80134
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org